Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Showing Off

This is daughter Pat that I talk about in my blogs. She does not like having her picture taken and usually will cover her face and hide behind her hands. I have no idea why because she is beautiful both inside and out.

Son John loves his big maroon chair, come to think of it, so does anyone who comes in to visit. It is comfortable, big, wide, has that 'sink in' feeling and it looks like it beckons you to come and sit awhile. That shirt John is wearing shows some of the animals he is seeing right now as he accepted a job up in Anchorage, Alaska.

Daughter Christine celebrating a birthday with Pat's carrot cake which is so delicious.



Here is son Michael playing his guitar. He played with "The Shocker" band with his friend John on drums and Scoot the song writer and singer, another guitar player. I wrote words that they put to music and it was quite a thrill to hear the finished work. No, I don't make a habit of it, but had to try it once.




Daughter Christine again. She doesn't get to visit often and when she does we are inclined to take lots of pictures of her. She is my first born and is very much her own person. I'm inclined to use the word procrastinate but she claims her once a year visit with boxes of gifts that cover all of the long gone birthdays and holidays is the only way to celebrate. She may be smarter than we are.




John in his office. He loves the view, only a birds eye view of the ocean but we can see it from the back porch. Son Michael re built the porch for me last year and did a terrific job. John is the second procrastinator of the family, although he looks like a pack rat he really is very organized. He just does it his way and come to think about it, he does a very good job of it. . . not my style but then his reaction if I complain is "Close the door." and I do.


So today if you have family to visit or visa-versa, then open the door of your heart and welcome them with open arms. Celebrate your time together and remember that hugs go a long way, and words from the heart are never forgotten. Today can be the best day yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment