Wednesday, April 14, 2010

A scenic route


Friends sent pictures yesterday of a jaunt they took to Pine Top in Arizona. They likened the mountain scenery to the Grand Canyon and found the winding roads a challenge. They enjoyed every minute of their trip and took many pictures which they shared. How wonderful it is to see places I will never see.

Back home in their garden are beautiful cactus plants. Isn't it amazing how such huge spike leaves can produce such beautiful colored flowers. Amidst rocks and shale you find beauty unfold.






A little humor as the caption says "Nice Kitties" I hope the little baby skunks were polite and didn't spray.




Aah, patience is a virtue but there is something to be said about 'trying ones patience' and from this picture it looks like the folks have had it. That's one way to use up the ketchup. I wish I had thought of it when service has been bad.
So today, work on your patience and if you are looking to plan a vacation, think Arizona, there is a lot of beauty in that State but don't wait for the summer weather or you will wilt away. Alaska sounds good but I understand the mosquitoes grow pretty big up there. Brookings has a lot to offer, ocean scenery, agate hunting on a beach, clam chowder and fish and chips and I've been told my coffee is pretty good . . . the door is open. Make today a good one.





No comments:

Post a Comment