Friday, April 23, 2010







The attachment I received yesterday in one of the e-mails showed pictures of animals that were a delight to look at, so it was hard to pick and choose. I looked for a tale to tell in each one so I could share a few antics with you.
I loved the robin in the snow squall. I wonder how much of a surprise it was for this poor bird to wake up and find that spring was still on the way. We have had that kind of spring this year, long, wet, cold but with the promise of sunshine. Our resident deer look like this one and they come by every day to stop and munch on the new buds. I haven't seen one stop and share though as when I open the door with camera in hand, they look up at me as if to ask what I want and to go away and not bother them. They really are beautiful and fast moving when they are threatened.
I got a kick out of the birds on the limb. You can almost see your children when they were young shouting, 'move over, stop pushing!' I enjoy watching birds of all kinds. Right now the pelicans are coming back to the river and their favorite rocks. They share space with the gulls and the pigeons. People insist on feeding them people food and it is sad because they get spoiled and then refuse to fend for themselves. It is like helping people who neither want or ask for help and their pride and stamina are taken away leaving them dependant in body and soul.

I have no idea what the bird is in the water. It looks similar to a crane. It just interested me enough to add its picture on the blog today. I have a bird book in my bookcase and if I were more awake I could get the book out and look this one up . . . but then I'd have to move out of my comfort zone and if I move then I'm going to move to the kitchen and make my coffee.
So today, one more 'given' day, get up, get out and smell the flowers there are fields of buttercups around. I wish I could remember the little saying about holding a buttercup under your chin. It had to do with our skin picking up the color of the flower so I suppose we likened it to loving butter . . . who knows? I don't remember but we thought it was fun to do. We liked to take the blossoming dandelions and blow the wispy fluff away as we sang out, 'he loves me, he loves me not'. Imagination, never lose it as it keeps you in good stead to follow your dreams. Make today 'your' day. Hugs to all.

No comments:

Post a Comment