Sunday, April 11, 2010

A Granddaughter










Erin posted one of my favorite pictures on Facebook today and it made me smile. It was a hot summer day and we were in Lake Tahoe. She was, and to this day is, an adventurer, curious, always ready to live life as she pursues her teaching, photography and dancing. When I say her name, a thousand pictures come to mind and make me happy. The best part of becoming a grandparent is being able to look back and relive some of the best days of ones life. I was lucky to have a daughter who had no qualms about sharing her daughter and it filled my life with love and laughter.
When Erin comes home for a visit she always sets aside some time to visit me and we sit quietly and catch up with each other. I treasure this time and the hugs we exchange knowing that time has not changed us.
So today, I hope you will take time to get in touch with your grandchildren, if you have some, just to let them know that you have a myriad of memories that keep you as warm as the sunshine. because they are in your life and most of all in your heart.

1 comment:

  1. snif. . (a happy tear*)

    hehe. . .even when ur grankid hugs you with her butt stickin' out! snicker snicker* . . .

    SURe do love you!

    ReplyDelete