Monday, April 26, 2010

AAh The Moon and Musing

Wandering around last night, in the wee hours of the morning, I saw light coming in the sky light and lo and behold we had a bright moon which I haven't seen for awhile.
This is one of Erin's photographs and I love the mask that makes me think the moon is looking back at us . . . wonder what it is seeing?
I didn't stay up long but cuddled back into my bed and let my mind wander a bit. I had a Sunday call from son Michael and that is always a heart lifter. He is getting ready for a vacation trip to the Dakotas and I hope it is the start of a great road trip. Mike is recuperating from the injury to his arm, slow and painful process, and the change will do him a world of good. His friend, Scoot sent along his latest music and I must say the band has progressed to new heights. I like the beat of song number two and have fifteen more to listen to. Scoot writes to tell me he just had a capo-tunnel operation that was not successful and will have to go back for further work on his arm. I hope it is successful as he would be lost without playing his guitar. Meanwhile son John is back from the top of the world and promises to catch up. I am looking forward to a description of the upper arctic and wonder what wild life he had an opportunity to see. I gather the new fast communication methods have not reached up there, and the little that does is slower than the turtle catching the hare. It will be much brighter when he has time to play catch up. The rest of the family must be keeping busy as silence prevails. I send a "silence is not golden" message but it hasn't done much to awaken any new thoughts coming my way. Communication is the bread line of life, everyone knows that!
Daughter Pat and I are regrouping from our weekend yard sale and now have to find time to box up the left overs and make room for her car again. I'm not sure if the set up is the most work or the take down, but it is work especially in trying to figure out what to toss and what to keep for the next sale, if we have another one, the jury is out on that.
My neighbor Jim is in the hospital because of a heart attack. At eighty-nine he has been doing well and loves riding in his scooter and taking the dogs for a run. There is a big plan afoot for a birthday party to celebrate his 90th year and all of his children are planning to be here. Say a prayer that all goes well and he makes it. With all those thoughts swirling around my head, sleep was illusive for a time, but I'm not sure what triggers the sleep pattern to return, but it did, and next I knew it was six a.m. . . . wow . . . for me that is mid day. I'm off to put on my coffee pot and fix myself some breakfast. Wish you were here to share some with me.
So today, the beginning of a new week, lets hope you are up and moving and doing. The other eye will open as soon as you have your morning breakfast and that second cuppa . . . latte? coffee? tea? make it hot and tasty and enjoy today, make it a good one . . . Hugs to all.

No comments:

Post a Comment