Saturday, April 3, 2010

A curiosity

It is Easter Saturday a good day to replenish the Holy Water that has been blessed this morning. I know that happens but I don't think I ever bothered to go and get a vial filled to have in the house. The font in church seemed to be more than enough to dip your fingers in and hope for a small miracle.
Spring has sprung . . . doesn't this little one make you feel like life is beautiful, and gamboling around is such fun. It was always fun to ride down to Carson Valley and see the new born lambs this time of year, so small, so precious and a reminder that spring had finally arrived.




The Amorphophallus Titanum (Araceae) also called a "cadaverous flower" bloom three days every forty years in the town of Veracruz in Mexico. Seems to me it is a first cousin to the Easter Lily although not as beautiful. Looking at the picture of this curiosity makes me wonder where it got its start, what does it feel like, and why does it take forty years to bloom? Well, on that note, some of us were late bloomers but it didn't take that long to bloom, or did it?
My bunny candy dish is on my table filled with jelly beans and I know that the black ones are all mine. No one is home this year to pick and choose their favorite color. The chocolate bunny hiding in the cupboard is not safe as my mind opens up and thinks of the delicious taste to come. I cheated yesterday and ate two black jelly beans as I filled the candy jar. It just goes to show that I cannot be trusted around those sweet things. After forty days, the loss of only one pound, my selfish reason for giving up sweets, I am disappointed as I wanted the scale to show a ten pound loss. Why is it we add one thing when we take away something . . . bad habits I suppose.
So today, when you go into your favorite store choose a special piece of sweets just for you. Eat it slowly and enjoy every morsel and don't forget the ham, the eggs, the sweet breads . . . and start your diet next week. Make today the best ever. Enjoy the rain, the snow, the sleet and the tiny sun beams if they come out. Watch out for the mud slides and the impatient drivers, stay safe and happy. Happy Easter. Happy Spring. My hugs to each one of you.

No comments:

Post a Comment