Friday, April 9, 2010

A Camera

Here I am overlooking the ocean at Port Orford, usually our second stop on our way to Coos Bay. It is about fifty miles from Brookings, although we are so used to the roads it is like a hop, skip and a jump. There is a ranger station here and we were told, once when we visited, that there are 'home' whales that love to rub the barnacles off their bodies on the big rocks right there in the bay. Aah, one can only hope that one of those gray babies will pop up and show its tail.
Yesterday I wrote about our short and sweet trip up to Coos Bay and told you that I had left my camera at home. I thought about it and in checking out last minute things I had to do, I left it on my desk and went out the door. Lucky for me, daughter Pat didn't forget her camera and I can show you a tiny corner of the Oregon coast. We usually enjoy the sights and sounds of the old town in Bandon and do not take time to go by the water, but this time we did and you can see how active the waves were. Here in Bandon it is known for having a 'bar' to the ocean that is dangerous for the little fishing boats. Yesterday the waves were spewing white caps a good ten to twelve feet onto the rocks.

Here is the lighthouse at Bandon. The storm clouds looked ominous and we thought, for a time, we would get a deluge but although we could see the rain way off in the distance, it didn't catch up with us until we were further along the highway almost home. I had not seen this light house before and am wondering if there is an access road to it. It might be fun to go and have a peek at it. As many times as we have been to Bandon, a small seaport town, you would think we had seen it all, but as these pictures attest that old saying comes to mind . . . 'you aint seen nothing yet baby!' I can hardly wait to go back and ride along a road I have never been on.


If you read my blog yesterday I told you about standing at the window of the hotel and looking out as day was breaking and this is what I was looking at. Do you see that huge fish I was talking about? I hope so . As you can see there is beauty no matter in what direction you look.


So today if you are in your car and have the time, go around the corners of a street you have not been on and see where it leads. You never can tell what awesome sight you will see, or find a spot you want to return to. Enjoy today it can be your best one yet. Hugs to all.


No comments:

Post a Comment