Sunday, April 4, 2010

Easter Sunday

An Easter bouquet from daughter Christine with plants, birds and butterflies. How lovely and chocolates to go with it . . . you know they had to be sampled right away. How very lucky I am.





Happy Easter Morning!!!! We have wind and rain at the moment and that makes for a sad day for Easter Egg hunts out in the open, but it doesn't stop anyone from hunting eggs indoors . . . so, go and enjoy. I haven't been to my kitchen yet so have to set my coffee pot and take out that luscious piece of ham my neighbor brought over yesterday. It looks good enough to eat.

Yes, I called my daughter and thanked her for not listening to me . . . you know I am the one who says do not send flowers they are too expensive.....well, forget that . . . expense be damned, the joy of receiving an unexpected bouquet makes the ego soar and the feeling of being loved is worth every penny especially if it is not my pennies (smile). Hopefully this year we will have some time to share. It has been too long between visits.
So today, enjoy your Easter Sunday no matter what the weather, nor how far you are away from family and friends. Make the day a good one and celebrate YOU. Stop and count your blessings and if you can share the day . . . enjoy your ham and eggs with or without a mimosa. I am heading for the kitchen and the coffee pot, a piece of delicious looking ham , I'll drop an egg or two, slather some butter on toast and think about you. Love and hugs to all this Easter Sunday with its blustery winds and rain. I expect the sun will out before the day is over. Oh, and I have a big dark chocolate bunny to finish. I cheated and ate his ears yesterday, just couldn't wait one more day . . . chocolate....chocolate !!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment