Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Words
















I have a sign on my dining room hutch that says "Dust test in progress, do not disturb the samples" and so the words serve to tickle our sense of humor and these signs came in yesterday on the e-mail making me laugh out loud. Words, aren't they delicious and delectable!
Valentine Day is over for another year and the valentines that I received were priceless. What a heart uplifting day when a card is sent from those in your life that take the time to let you know you are special to them. It made me think of a story poem I wrote a long time ago called "The Written Word"
I've come to learn/that the written word/is a marvelous tool/in life/for it brings us close to family, friends, and strangers alike.
The paper, no matter what color/or what is inscribed/ pales/ to the words written inside.
For the written word/tells many things/ that we really want to hear/from sympathy/to encouragement/to cheer.
But best of all/ the words we see/are written in the end/love/love you/I love you/mom/dad/sister/brother/or just friend.
So, today if you haven't written something, now, almost a lost cause, get on the computer, or on one of the fancy thing-a-ma-bobs and send a message to those you love. Let them know how grateful you are to have them in your life. I'm thinking of you and wish you a day of words, kind and loving ones to make your heart soar. I love you my family and friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment