Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Democrats

How long has it been since I heard a good old belly laugh? A long time. The cartoonist do their best to see humor in what is going on and some days I think it is just what we need to lighten the load, but some of the cartoons hit the 'nail on the head' and it isn't really truly funny . . . it is sad. Think of the money spent to purchase an automobile for transportation. You have to 'fight' for the right to buy one as the sales game goes on to gouge you out of your hard earned money with the percentage markups that are not only unfair but unjust, and then they sell you a car that is built with life threatening imperfections . . . why? Some one is not doing their job. Whatever happened to the final checking of a product before releasing it to the public? Change . . . ah, it is here.

This cartoon alludes to what is going on with the Toyota , one of the most successful car makers in the world, but takes a twist as they put a Democrat and a Republican within the car. Will the men and women who represent us 'goof off' or will they take the car makers to task for inferior workmanship? We will have to wait and see, but I don't think the responsibility lies within our government, but with the car makers. It is their responsibility to sell a whole and true product to the public . . . as the old adage goes 'an honest days pay for an honest days work' and every one comes out happy.

In my mail yesterday was a form from the Democratic Party to fill in and return as they asked how I felt about our current President's leadership and what are the most important steps that should be taken and list them accordingly. I took time to answer all of the questions but I found my attitude was very negative and it wound up in the waste basket. I find I am no longer a Democrat . . . nor a Republican . . . I am Independent in my thinking and in my choices, and always have been. Voting for the person who has the moxie to stand up and be counted for has been my choice, party did not make a difference. Why would I want to donate money to a party that has spent its time 'hiding in a bushel' and not doing what is best for the American people as a whole, but passing, or trying to pass, bills that have more pork in them or reams of pages filled with words they have not even read. Yes, today I am political. Today I am aware that we, the people, are at the bottom of the pile and this cartoon says it all . . . and that is sad.
So today, when your form arrives you have a chance to speak your mind. I am sorry I tore mine up as it probably would have been unacceptable to the minds of those working so hard for their party and ignoring the facts of what their representatives have been doing, or not doing is a better way to put it; but, it would have given them something to think about if more filled it out and spoke up in righteous indignation about 'change'. "you can fool some of the people some of the time . . ." aha, Barnum of Barnum and Bailey as they looked for 'a sucker' to fill the tents of make believe.
Cartoons make me think. Maybe I'll give you a break and not copy any more of them, but think about how bored you would be if you didn't get a chance to see them so you can laugh or cry depending on where YOU stand. Make today a great one, why not? Today is what we make it . . . so make it special, just like you.

No comments:

Post a Comment