Thursday, February 11, 2010

More Flowers and Art











Clever artists, individuals with ideas of their very own, this one, name unknown, took ten hours to paint his or her hand. There were no credits given to this talented artist who uses hands for a canvas. Oh to have such talent, but better still is the option to sit back and enjoy the work of others. I've dabbled in paints, even sold a few, but my mood has to be in a special mode for me to accomplish anything. If it isn't, then I come up with kindergarten specials and no stars.
The picture of the babies is a delight but they are not real, Camille Allen makes marzipan babies out of almond paste and egg whites. The detail is amazing. The babies look so real. You have heard the expression one uses to a child 'you are so sweet, you are good enough to eat' . . . well, these are edible but I don't think I could eat one.
As for musing about flowers today, I have no barge pictures to show you from Holland. They have a festival and every barge is a float of magnificent floral and fruit displays. They use boxes, materials, ribbons, fruit and vegetables to make some of the most interesting designs I have seen in a long time. One had two young ladies dressed in yellow gowns, the flowers were yellow, a small green car and all kinds of thistles and spiky greenery. The ones with vegetables was most likely a winner as they used long green peppers, bright red peppers, green apples and exotic flowers to make a tremendous bouquet of beauty into a bridge to walk over. All done on barges that float up the river to the delight of all who come out to see this special event. I liked the tic,tac,toe box and the big bright smiley face. One barge had a face like the old pirate ships of yore that led the ship across the ocean. It had to have been done in seeds. It reminded me of the big parade they have in Pasadena, or in Portland, Oregon, only these are on the river in the Floating Flower Market of Amsterdam. I sometimes have a few unsavory words for my computer when it doesn't act as I think it should, but when I receive the attachments with a trip to somewhere I have never been, and most likely never will be able to get to, I thank my friends for remembering how much my travel bug needs attention. A friend just thanked me for giving her an opportunity to visit places she will never be able to go to, others bemoan the fact that it takes time to download all that 'stuff', all they have to do is tell me they are not interested and I'll stop sending the gorgeous most beautiful scenes in our world.
So, today which is Thursday the 11the of February already . . . say a prayer for those caught in the blizzard of the century. I love seeing the snow pictures but honestly am not envious of the plight of getting around in all of it. Three storms in as many weeks and another out there ready to come in. The Government offices have been shut down for four days and that may not be a bad thing. Maybe a time for reflection. Let's hope. Make your day a good one, if your close by I have a new puzzle on the table . . . Noah's Ark . . . looks like a 'nasty' one, stop in and help me keep my sanity. Coffee's on!

No comments:

Post a Comment