Friday, February 19, 2010

The Witches Hour

I think four a.m. is the witching hour as it comes around on a daily basis and steals into some brains and tells us it is time to get up . . . get up, for what? There is nothing to do at four a.m. but the body clock says there is. Well, I am looking for whatever it is so I can enjoy that 'whatever it is' at four a.m. I wonder what it is like to sleep in until seven a.m. or even eight. I know some people who don't get up until almost noon, now that would be something to try . . . half the day gone . . . stoking the energy level to do something before the entire day is gone. I have a friend who used to tell me about waking up in the wee hours and she would head for her kitchen and bake. She was the prize baker of our group and came up with some of the most delicious concoctions that you would ever want to 'melt in your mouth'. I talked with her recently and she tells me she has given that up since she moved in with her son. She sleeps much better with someone in the house . . . come to think of it, I do better when someone is here. This morning I stoked up the computer, checked out the most recent e-mails and the went to sign in to blog but the mind was blank. I couldn't find anything to talk about . . . me without words. . . I don't' think so. I just went out and put on the coffee pot, gave myself a lecture about feeling sorry for myself because I was not snoozing in my comfortable bed and turned on the television to hear the latest news. The big news is Tiger Wood is going to make a statement . . . I won't go there! I cooked up the last batter of the blueberry pancakes, which were very delicious, and I feel much better, more alive, after three cups of coffee and an orange. You know the orange did the trick. Now if it were late in the afternoon, and I was having my dinner, I could have a glass of wine and relax. I'm sure wine at four a.m. would have a different effect . . . come to think of it, maybe that is what is needed to keep sleeping through the witching hour. I should fill that water carafe with wine and see how it works. I might never have a sleeping problem again. I have a quote from Ben Franklin that I got a chuckle out of . . . "In wine there is wisdom; In beer there is freedom; In water there is bacteria"! Now, I know you can figure out what our illustrious Maxine would have to say about that .


So, my family and friends, I hope you witching hour is much later and that you have enjoyed a good sleep filled with happy dreams. I hope you awaken rested and ready for the day. Make it a good one filled with love and laughter, a tear if you have to, and light someone persons day with a call or an e-mail. Sometimes it is that little boost that makes their day.

No comments:

Post a Comment