Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Fixer Upper

How many times have you used your shoe as a hammer or the kitchen knife as a screw driver? I bet many times, it is so ingenious and easy---- but then having a small repair kit in the drawer is a lot better. I am not very handy. I never have been. If I walked by my ex- husband's chair and he was reading and looked up to see me walk by with tools in my hands, you can believe he put the book down and came to the rescue because he knew I didn't know which wall was the bearing one. I am not very handy when it comes to reading and following directions. I am more likely to pinch and snip which of course means my finished products have that 'home made' look. It was not from lack of trying, believe me, I tried everything from painting scrolled plaster walls with a two inch brush to using duct tape to hold something together. Speaking of duct tape look at the pictures of the airplane.



The pilot survived the crash of his plane
and used pieces of plastic and duct tape to repair it. He did such a good job, he could fly the plane out of the 'boon-docks' in which he had landed and he return safely home. Now that is a repair man. I wonder if he has an 'older' brother, and uncle or a grandfather he could introduce me to.
So, today become a dauntless one and take a run to the store and pick up some duct tape because you never know when it will come in handy. If you are not handy then send for an expert, you don't want any walls falling in on you. Make today, hump day, a busy one. Look around and see what . . . or who . . . needs mending. Put on your 'happy face' and show the world how truly ingenous you are.
It is a day of celebration as grandson Mason turns thirty-one today . . . now that does make an old lady out of me. Happy Birthday Mason. Speaking of grandkids, Granddaughter Erin came home for Valentine Day, now that is a valentine gift and a half. We met Ernesto the six foot handsome boy friend who loves to cook, is easy to be with, has smiling eyes and made himself useful by finding some of those illusive pieces of the new jig saw puzzle which covers the entire dining room table. They brought me a decadent hot fudge sundae with a brownie hidden under all that extra cream and it was delicious, delectable and the last desert until Easter Sunday. Wish me luck, I'm going to need it.

No comments:

Post a Comment