Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Art is Art

I had two e-mails this morning that were awesome showing the work of Bruno, of Australia, who does three dimensional art that is unbelievable and the other a orchid show in Japan with orchids, the like of which we have never seen. I thought of our Garden Club group with a special group within that grow orchids and would marvel at the beauty and difference of the many different types of orchids in the show. This dragon is not orchids but some talented gardener knows how to trim a bush or a tree. It would be fun to stroll through a garden filled with creatures to make you smile in awe of the talent it takes to create such wonders.
Chicken soup . . . what would we do without it? Jewish penicillin used over generations to ward off the horrible effects of a cold or a flu. I often add some frozen mixed vegetables to a can of chicken noodle soup and make a dinner out of it. Very delicious and good for the soul. I do not know the artist but whomever it is, has a sense of humor

What a sight to see. Bless our troops and I light my candles in hopes they will all return to their homes safe and sound. A ring of brotherhood, a photographer's eye showing us a different form of art which makes us think.





I can't think of the name of this type of art but it is a necessary form or art that shows us so many different scenes in life when the talented artists take time to make clever signs, billboards and advertise the many products that are almost lifelike in design...aha....the word design is what I was trying to think of. A special form of art.

This art is certainly different. The rice fields of Japan in a city called Inkadate. They plant rice plants precisely and strategically in the paddy fields . . . the purple and yellow leaf of Kodamai rice with local green teafed and sugaru which is a Roman variety of rice. They started the art work in 1993 and use a computer to plot all of the plantings.





Who ever knew that the rice farmers would use rice to create such beauty. There were pictures of warriors on horseback and so much more that I couldn't show all of the pictures.
Speaking of art, my friend Sharon Guinn stopped in to have a cup of tea with me and to bring me a beautiful picture she created of dancers. I had asked her to do a picture of dancers so I could give my 'dancing granddaughter' one of her pieces of art for her apartment. Sharon painted the dancers posed in a good old fashioned 'dip', and it is so bright and beautiful with a sense of fun. The water color picture is going to be entered in a contest and I'm betting she wins first prize. So the original will go into a show and will be sold, hopefully for a lot of money, but she made me a special copy and brought it over yesterday. It is fun to look at and the colors are fantastic. If the dancer had been painted with long dark hair, it could be my granddaughter. Erin is going to love it. It was gifted to me and I, in turn, will gift it to the dancer in our family.
Sharon is a wonderful artist and very talented, but that is only one of her attributes. She is generous, kind, loving and a very good friend. How lucky I am to have her in my life. So, today, I hope you can share some time with your special friend. Do yourself a favor and find time to share with him or her and make it a special meeting of hearts and mind. Time can be your enemy and go too fast or too slow, just remember it never stops, so don't waste it, get busy and share lots of hugs today. Yeah!!! In my minds eye I included hugs for each of you.

No comments:

Post a Comment