Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Housing




















I couldn't find a picture of Ground Hog to wish you a Happy Ground Hog's Day so I added this very hairy rabbit instead with a wish that winter will soon be behind us. It has been a long hard time span for many people across the country as one storm followed another. It is time for a change. That word brings us to our current President who is giving the cartoonists a run for their money. This one shows some of our representatives jumping ship . . . there will be a lot more of that as we hear about the 'one hundred million dollar bonus' . . . now, that is ludicrous, no one could possibly spend that much money in one life time. They can't take it with them and they can't leave it behind without creating civil disabilities in their own families. The realm of unpopularity is about to hit the fan. Okay, a change in my subject matter this morning before you shut down your computer and refuse to be bitten by a political satire on subjects you are already aware of. How about Iran and the mountains where, as the caption on the pictures asked "and you wonder why we cannot find Ben Laden". This is a village in Iran that is over seven hundred years old. It is difficult to believe that such a place exists. Wouldn't it be interesting to hear and read the history of this village? My friend who sent this e-mail is a world traveler and she added a few words about a place she visited called 'Eze" which is outside of Nice, France, up on a hillside and had shapes like these in open spaces. She wrote, "They had a tourist boutique selling things of quality, in eccentric surroundings. The stairs were of stone and we climbed high to see all of the spaces. It was an amazing sight and an experience not to be forgotten as Monte Carlo and Monaco is not far away." I think my favorite of the pictures is the lady climbing the stairs. A good thing I don't live there as I'd never make it past the first ten steps. Then again, maybe if I had lived there all my life my leg muscles would be so strong from climbing the stairs every day I'd be able to get to the top. It's okay, I can make the four stairs I have and that gets me in and out of the house.
So, today is a good day because you are going to make it a good day and climb stairs if you can. Keep those muscles working and if you cannot find stairs to climb, put on your walking boots and get going. There are places to go and things to do today while you wait for the news about the ground-hog and its prediction about the coming of spring. Let's have a little wishful thinking and 'think spring'.

No comments:

Post a Comment