Friday, February 5, 2010












I just read the most wonderful e-mail about life as it used to be back in 1950 and it was a trip down memory lane as I was a stay at home mom with my new baby daughter. I didn't doze in my chair in those days as I was much too busy and full of vim and vigor. The outdoor movie picture made me laugh as I remember my niece came to stay a week with us and we took her to an outdoor movie as a treat. She had been working in the yard and watering the flower beds and when I called her to join us at the car she shut the hose off by the nozzle and off we went. When we came home the hose had split right by the open window and the pressure spewed a stream of water into the living room where the rug soaked up every ounce of it. We had to pull up the rug and take it outside to dry and the wall paper came off readily. No real harm done, just a lot of extra work and I don't even remember the name of the movie. When those outdoor movies came about, probably in the forties, we used to hike over to the marsh land where it was located and climbed the fence to sit and watch and listen to the movies. We could see and hear the movies without any problem and it was one of our favorite past times. I wonder if there are any of these outdoor movie places around now, probably not high tech enough. Our world has changed a lot over the last fifty years. Makes me wonder what the next fifty will bring. I hope wondrous things for all.
The picture of Noah, a one legged homing pigeon rock dove has been around before and the folks at the Wild Rose Rescue Ranch updated the pictures so we could see how the bunnies survived. Noah took the bunnies under his wing when they were six days old when three out of five survived a dog attack. Noah would sit by the cage where the tiny bunnies were settled in and the folks were striving to keep them alive. He nestled one of the tiny bunnies when it crawled out of the cage kept it under his wing. Soon all three were comfortable and happy snuggled and content even if he gave them a slight peck if they needed to mind. The Wild Rose people are very happy to listen to his 'coo' as he sings them to sleep, and they say he has helped with other tiny orphans. They liken him to a psalm . . . "He will cover you with his feathers and under his wing you will find refuge." The Good Lord has strange and mysterious ways of helping us all, man, woman, child, animal or feathered friend.
As for the telephone . . . I have one just like it and it works very well. So, today take your phone out of your pocket and call a friend and send a verbal hug. One never knows the path they are on and your call could be just the 'voice' they need to hear . . . add me to your list, your dulcet tones are always welcomed. I just love hugs, verbal or otherwise. Make today special, just like you.

No comments:

Post a Comment