Monday, March 1, 2010

Tied Up


Here is Emma with her first day on a leash and she doesn't think it is a good idea. The first thing she did was to try to sever connections but with little luck as she and daughter Pat struggle to find out who is 'the boss'. Emma is beginning to understand that the leash means walk and that she really loves. So like most of us, she is getting used to 'ties that bind' and loves to be out there parading around. How we all like to run free, but . . . and there always is a 'but' to tie us up or slow us down as we face each day. We learn quickly how responsible we are for our actions and the end results. Emma is learning and is very smart, and at this moment is the cutest and best puppy in the world . . . well, you know what kind of a grandmother I am and how I use and abuse my bragging rights. At this age I am enjoying her short visits but find she is so playful and energetic she makes me aware of how much 'time' changes us without our even being aware. She wears me out just watching her. I just don't have the energy to take care of anything or anyone that is so full of life. I'm more the jig saw puzzle type now and a walker helps . . . but . . . I don't like it, and I, like those of my ilk, do not like being 'tied down'. Time changes all, Emma will learn quickly and be a wonderful full grown dog with a big heart, gorgeous eyes, faithful and true and Pat will be happier for having her to love. As for me and my generation, we are slowly moving into a time when we have to accept the fact that we are 'tied down' and it is up to each of us to make our one day at a time the best we can.
So while you have all of the energy and love, make time to share it with those you love, be it a puppy, a kitten, parents or grandparents, even a cousin or two . . . make their day and I guarantee it will make yours. Friends are included, you can 'comment', call or write and I will be happy to hear from you.

No comments:

Post a Comment