Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Just Musing

I would love to have on boots and a heavy jacket and be out walking along this pathway this morning. A picture speaks a thousand words and recalls a memory or two of Nevada. I realize more and more just how much I did love living in Nevada, a state of no beauty I was told, but you can see from this picture, and I am not sure where this picture was actually taken . . . it looks like one I have in an albumn of a spot on the Carson river, and it brought to mind that Nevada has as much beauty as any other State, even more. When I walked along through open range land to the river and watched the wild mustangs come down from the foot hills gamboling and showing their beauty and strength, I found peace and contentment.


Speaking of beauty and strength, I had an e-mail from friends this morning who have had a year of doctoring with bad knees and a shoulder, all time consuming, painful and a long convalescence and not a word of self pity. Both have been there for each other and I am so proud of them. It is nice to know that finally they are seeing the light of the tunnel and enjoying their own home after so many trips away for medical treatments. It has been a long year for them but their love and devotion has been a gift to share.

As for me, on this St. Patrick's Day, I am,for the very first time in my life, not cooking corn beef and cabbage. It is a favorite dinner dish of mine and I serve it often during the year. I just recently cooked an Irish dinner and now that I have a reason to do it all over again . . . I don't want to . . . now how is that for having a fairy or two hanging around me. Stubborn Irish . . . nah . . . just thought going out would be a treat and I'll be sorry tomorrow when there is no left overs to enjoy. . . and, by the way, if I am correct, the real Irish dinner is a Lamb stew and brown biscuits.

So today give an Irish hug, or an ethnic hug of your choice, they are no different unless you hold back and then you would be 'the lesser' of the two; so hug away, enjoy the day, eat hardy and 'may the good Lord keep you in His hands'. Walk out and enjoy the weather, no matter what nature has in store today. Meet with a friend or two and visit a 'pub' and have a green beer or two. Make today special . . . yes . . . just like you.

No comments:

Post a Comment