Monday, March 29, 2010

Art on Feathers





Can you imagine being able to paint such awesome pictures on feathers? I have no idea who the artist is or his history, but I
think you will agree that, although the feather art has been around before, it is worth a second or even a third look. The detail is fabulous, the colors bring to life the subjects and it brings about humility for those of us who have tried to paint and find that we are lacking. I guess we have to try when our heart and fingers itch to create. I personally have always wanted to draw and paint portrait pictures and have tried. I didn't do badly for the attempt but I lacked the within heart talent. I did take a charcoal class at a high school in California, many years ago. The model failed to show so the teacher talked a visiting friend to model for us. For the first time we used charcoal and I found it had a will of its own. I drew the face and I shaded and I worked and worked trying to make the face of the model come alive The teacher walked around and checked our work. He did not explain anything but took the charcoal from our hands and marked our pictures as he thought they should be. I resented this as I thought he should 'teach' not 'do' as it made our drawing his. I didn't do badly as the wife of the model came over and told me she had seen the expression I caught many times on her husband's face. I should have kept on and attended more classes as I loved to paint, in fact I even sold a couple, but, I lacked the will power or patience it took to continue with classes. I'm not sure why I held myself back, afraid of criticism or I had no confidence in myself, but I did knowing I could never achieve perfection, or what I considered perfection. Along the way in my travel through life, I discovered that there really is nothing perfect in our world and that is what is meant to be. We can strive for perfection and almost make it, but we were never meant to achieve it The beauty that surrounds us that we try to copy proves that imperfection is perfect
So today accept your own imperfections and know that they are an integral part of what makes you special. Go about your business today with a clear mind, a loving heart and the will to do whatever you are doing to the best of your ability and be satisfied . . . leave perfection to the higher power that has already proven that imperfection is perfect. Go with God! Via Condios.

No comments:

Post a Comment