Friday, March 5, 2010

Candles and Stuff!!





Noah's Ark



Star of the Sea - alter

After a visit to The Star of the Sea church yesterday to light candles for the world in general, and mostly for each and everyone of you, I ask not for the cure of wants but the cure of needs for each of us. We live in stressful times and it plays havoc with our beings. So a trip to a quiet spot, a short time of meditation and the world seems to be a better place . . . and then I got home and took one more look at the unfinished Noah Ark puzzle and pondered. Should I take the time to finish a puzzle that has seven missing pieces? Daughter Pat and I have worked diligently to finish this puzzle and it has not been an easy one. It has been a challenge and for me that is half the battle, but the fact that there were about one hundred more practically same shape and color pieces left was more than daunting, a strain on the back, and not worth the frustration . . . so I boxed it and threw it in the garbage. I will not buy another 'used' puzzle and will not accept another puzzle unless I am guaranteed all the pieces are there. When I walked by the table this morning and the puzzle was not there I felt a tiny bit sorry that I gave it up. I could have finished it. I could have worked around the missing pieces but I had reached my saturation point and now, thanks to Bob and Andrea, I have a three-d puzzle which I have never tried. A globe of sorts and I am wondering what it is going to be like . . . frustrating I'm sure. The challenge is there, the hard work of putting the pieces together . . . much like our lives on a daily basis in which we struggle to make things whole.
So when you look at the candles shining so brightly, know there is one for you. Take the time to stop for a few seconds, meditate, feel the love and the hope that they bring as they brightens up a small dark alcove in an empty church without a living soul saying a prayer inside.




There is something about candles that bring a warm glow. What is that saying about 'it is better to light one candle ", don't remember the rest of it but it has to do with lighting your way in the dark; just think what it would be like if everyone lit just one candle . . . wow, a blast of light to show us the way, it doesn't get any better than that. Don't give up, get up and light a candle today . . . and if you cannot get to a church candle there is nothing that I know of that says you cannot light a candle in your home as you as you give thanks for all of your blessings today. That snowman candle you got for Christmas, or the ones in the fancy holders waiting for someone to bring them to the glory of love and warmth. Get busy . . . light a candle.




No comments:

Post a Comment