Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Color in our lives


On any given day, a little color goes a long way in making us change our attitudes. This floral picture certainly has a variety of shades that you would not think would mix and match, but they do, as nature shows us the way to present ourselves. There is darkness and light, soft and bright and the innate feeling of pleasure.
The 1932 Helicron was built in France and placed in a barn for six decades. It is propeller driven and can get up to 75 mph. It is now owned by the Lane Motor Museum in Nashville, Tn. So if you ever get to Nashville put it on your list of 'things' to see. At least it is colorful and shows that we have many brilliant minds, even back then, trying to resolve the transportation problems. I wonder how it got to Nashville. I wonder if it was meant to be a racing car. It is just one of those 'dreams' that was shelved many years ago and we may never know all of its history.
Speaking of history, daughter Pat just felt the pangs of disappointment. She was planning a trip up to Alaska and would go by the ferry route, then on to drive her brother's jeep up through many long miles of 'backwoods' roads. The fact that she was going alone bothered me as I could think of so many reasons it would be dangerous. The caribou are coming down by the thousands, the animals are coming out after a long winter and a woman was just killed by a pack of wolves, just this week. The bears are out of their caves and the big 'antelope and deer' are out roaming around hungry and waiting for a tasty morsel to drive by. I admire her adventuresome spirit, something she has always had and hopefully the trip has only been postponed, and maybe, just maybe some of her family and friends can make the trip with her. I'm thinking in terms of someone riding shotgun in case of a break down in the wilds, or at least a companion to help with the driving. Right now I wish I had my driver's license back, but then the last time she let me drive her car she took ten minutes to get over the shock of my 'landing'. Well she let me drive on the curviest part of the mountain drive and I slowed down. The five cars behind me had to wait a minute until I could find a place to pull over. I did and she immediately got out and took over the driving. I don't imagine she would think that my desire to help drive all that way was a good one considering I haven't driven in twenty years. The spirit is willing but the body is weak.
So today my advice to you would be to continue to drive your car as it is freedom especially if you live in isolated places. In the city the transportation is there for you, inconvenient at times, but at least you can get around. So go outside and take your 'buggy' for a ride; if you are in my neighborhood, stop in the coffee pot is on. As for my friend who just bought a new "cobra", I expect to see it in my driveway before the summer is over. It almost looks like the Helicron but in red. I'm joking, I'm joking. Ride in good health. Make today a good one.

No comments:

Post a Comment