Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Fantasy















The little fellow is a hedgehog, cute, reminds me of one of those boot cleaners left by a door. Speaking of doors, how about the little Hobbit House . . . friends are in Ecuador and have been keeping me posted on their travels. How long they plan to stay has not been mentioned, as yet, but so far this is the third or fourth stop in their living space. They stayed in a small apartment when they first arrived there, then went on to live with another person in a house for awhile in one of the cities, then moved on to where they are right now and rented this little house. The owner is an architect and I would say he has a fetish with "The Hobbit" and designed the little house, which is whimsical, and I understand well presented. Joyce and her husband, Ken, are not the least bit unhappy and have rented the house for their stay. Joyce tells me the house is close to shopping and the center of the town they are in. It cost twelve and a half cents to ride the bus and the drivers have no sense of stopping gently. Last I heard she was taking a class in Spanish so by now, some six or eight months down the road, she is able to converse with some of the local people. She hasn't complained about the food although she did mention fresh fruits and vegetables are not readily available in the shops but at a special stall . . . probably like our open fresh markets when our local farmers bring in their specialties for us to buy. All in all, they are having the time of their lives and I am having a good time also as I read the e-mails and see some of the pictures they send. Joyce invited me to visit them while they are there but the legs are holding me back . . . oh for a good pair of legs right now. Well, if I cannot get away, then I can enjoy the trips of others vicariously. John is sending pictures from London. Ken and Joyce from Ecuador, now if I could get the rest of you 'on the road again' I'd have it made.
So today if you travel take your camera along and remember that I love to travel one way or the other. Arm chair travel isn't my first choice by it will have to do. Speaking of travel, daughter Pat is coming over later and taking me out to lunch and a ride. The morning sky is a promise of brightness and maybe sunshine. We had one of those remarkable spring days yesterday and I used the big wide broom to sweep the driveway of all the wind debris. Um. . . wonder if that is a sign of rain today? Like washing your car? One never knows what the day will bring, whatever it does bring, enjoy it for all its worth . . . make it a good one! Hugs to YOU!!

No comments:

Post a Comment