Sunday, January 31, 2010

Emma


You have to admit the newest edition to Pat's household, a real true Golden Lab she named 'Emma' is as sweet as she looks and then some. Emma is all of eight to nine weeks old, not sure when she was born, but I am very glad she is here. She comes over every morning to try and eat my toes. Why she has a toe fetish is beyond me but then with the size of my toes it must look like little hot dogs to her and she is ready and willing to eat. I am trying to teach her to follow me to the kitchen where she is given a piece of dog biscuit . . . if she sits and stays. She is a fast learner, reminds me of me and a piece of chocolate . . . I would sit still if you fed me something delicious. So welcome Emma. Daughter Pat has her hands full but is enjoying every second of it and I think Emma feels right at home.
Yesterday's e-mail had fifteen strange animal pictures but I didn't put all of them on today. I thought I'd stay with dogs. I got such a kick out of the old wrinkled dog that looks like heaped laundry sitting on the bath rug. I don't recall the type of dog but they certainly are not up for a beauty prize; more like a booby prize. You have to know they are as lovable as any other dog, just old before their time, like the rest of us. For a mintue I thought someone snuck in a picture of me.








The other dog looks like a rag mop. I wonder if it can be trained to mop a floor. We would all want one of those. In spite of my remarks, I am sure this breed must walk of with a medal or two when they have the special dog shows. All I can tell you is that they truly are 'man's best friend' and bring a lot of pure pleasure to our lives. Even the hard work of training a puppy has so many laughs that you have to know as you are rewarded with all those puppy kisses, or in Emma's case a bit of toe and or finger biting.
Donald and Daisy Duck should make you smile today. It has been a very long time since I have seen these two in action. As a youngster I used to go to the Saturday matinees and see the cartoons in which they were the stars. Donald and his nephews brought about many a laugh, even the comic books were prized collector items. Wish I had a few of them today as they would be worth more than the five cents we paid for them.
So, today I hope you open your blinds to find a rainbow of color in your skies. I opened the blinds to see a palette of unbelievable color. The view was like looking at a painting with soft green color on the bottom, a stream of bright pink, almost a rose shade as it graded up gradually to a splash of deep purple, then lightened to a soft baby blue and I knew my day was going to be a good one. Open your blinds and take time to look at the sky and see what kind of a day is in store for you, then go outside and enjoy it. If you have a dog invite it along and know you are in good company. Don't forget the 'pooper' scooper.

No comments:

Post a Comment