Friday, January 29, 2010

Browsing



I have no idea who took this beautiful photograph. I would like to have given the photographer credit for a job well done. Most of the time I go browsing to see what kind of a picture I can tickle your palette of color, and hopefully catch your eye so you will read my blog. This particular picture looks so much like Lake Tahoe, on the Nevada side, where you catch the ferry boat and ride out to Emerald Bay. One year, many years ago, my children sent us off on the ferry boat for the dinner sail to celebrate my birthday, our anniversary and Mother's Day which all came about on the same date that year. It was quite embarrassing to have the dinner host spiel off the fact I was dumb enough to get married my birthday, actually the day after Mother's Day in May of 1944. A banner day when the priest read those special words to bless our marriage. He stopped when he noticed the ring was not moving onto my finger and asked my groom if he needed a little help. Now this groom would never admit to being nervous, after all he was a Marine and just back from overseas. He kept pushing the knuckle, instead of the ring, and the priest smiled gently asking, "would you like me to dip the ring in a bit of holy water?" Those words calmed the groom and the ring slide over the knuckle and the rest of the ceremony went without a hitch. Aah, the wonder of pictures and the memories they bring to mind.


So, today take time out and look over the pictures you have stored away in photograph books, or boxes and seldom take them out to look at. I'm willing to bet that you will find a trip down memory lane that will send you into gales of laughter, a few tears and a thousand memories of a lifetime you have almost forgotten . Look at the faces and places and vow to take your camera out more often. Don't waste time, there are places to go and pictures to take and memories to make. Make today a memorable one.

No comments:

Post a Comment