Friday, January 22, 2010

following a word


I think I have used the dictionary more in the past ten years than I ever did when I was growing up. I don't remember looking up words often, although I am sure I didn't know or understand the meaning of some of the words we had in our spelling bees at school. Some of our words we learned by osmosis, others we found interesting enough to ask what they meant. Today the word 'insufficient ' caught my eye and I decided to look it up in the College dictionary which led to 'inadequate'; on to 'incapable' which is lacking the requisite ability or power; on to 'incompetent' and 'ineligible' which in the long run means incapable of love. . . interesting. . . how love is the basis of what makes our world go around but now I want to know when the bank says 'insufficient funds' does that mean they don't love us anymore? Probably so as no one else will love us if we are incapable of keeping our accounts with sufficient funds to buy all those Valentines that are sprouting in the stores like tiny candy hearts. I guess 'love' does make the world go around but I didn't expect the word insufficient to lead me to it.
So today balance your check book and make sure you are not 'insufficient' in funds so that you can buy your sweetie a Cadbery or two. I do not buy the English chocolate bars so am not sure of the spelling, but bear with me, as you do know what I am talking about . . . I hope. On the news this morning Kraft has taken over Cadbery Chocolate Company in England and they are not happy with us at all. Now Cadbery chocolates are delicious, rich and expensive, almost as good as Godiva which is outrageous in prices, but good old Hershey has my vote, cheap at half the price and delicious. Of course we have Sees Candy which has gotten so expensive that you walk by the store and just look in the windows. On my way to visit my niece I purchased a box of those wonderful liquer chocolates as a hostess gift then left them on the plane in that pouch in front of your seat. I often wonder if the stewardess enjoyed them. I hope so. For years my son John and I used to trade off those huge chocolate bars, sneaking one on his dashboard so he would enjoy a treat on the road, or I'd find one waiting for me on the table by my favorite chair, so I could indulge and bulge. Never gave it a thought as I chowed down smiling all the while. Be good to yourself and enjoy the wonders of love as you meet up with your favorite people today. Stop off and buy a chocolate bar, one for you and one for a friend and enjoy the insatiable taste of 'love'.

No comments:

Post a Comment