Thursday, January 28, 2010

Impatient



Impatient, not me, most of the time, but I do have my moments. The picture of the two little penguins is one to make you laugh out loud as it is animated and as the little penguin catches up to the leader, a wing flashes out and knocks the penguin into the water. The caption is "Have you ever felt like doing this?" You bet,haven't we all especially if you are on line and you have decided to shop. It is so easy even someone as computer illiterate as myself can buy things we cannot do without. The thing is that you have to know what you are doing or you get lost on the order form and you cannot find your way around it . . . so press any key, well they all work and one key looks as good as another only I usually lose what is on the screen and have to start all over again. Sometimes this leads to a 'no sale' as I lose patience and tell myself I didn't want to buy anything anyway. It reminds me of the day my son John was trying to teach me how to use the computer. He sat beside me and instructed me to look over the screen carefully. He encouraged me to press the 'enter' key and I would have if it had been on the screen where I was searching so diligently. He reached over and hit the 'enter' key on the keyboard . . . well why didn't he say to press the key on the keyboard and not stare at the screen where it was not marked. Of course I felt like an idiot. I wanted to show my son I was smart and could master this new technique but I had a very long way to go. I am still computer illiterate for the most part but I have learned a few steps to do what I want to do. I find patience helps and I have ordered and received a beautiful duvet cover which brightens up my room. Now when I learn which key to press to get me out of trouble I can stop screaming impatiently "this computer is not working right" . . . it certainly couldn't be 'my fault'.
So, today master something new and different on your computer. Send e-mails to remind those you love that you are thinking of them no matter how far away they are. With this modern miracle machine we can reach out and 'touch someone', isn't that the cat's meow?



No comments:

Post a Comment