Sunday, January 17, 2010

Words, words and more words!


There by the garage is son John preparing to start up his Liberty jeep. He and I were driving up to Whaleshead to have lunch so we could listen to a few more discs of Dan Brown's newest book. Daughter Pat gave this wordy tome to John for Christmas and we have been trying to find ways to listen to it. We could just bring it into the house and put in on the 'whatchamacallit' machine but that wouldn't be as much fun. It was made to listen to in a car and it sounds much better along with the hum of the tires on the road. John has more long rides out so finished the book first. He wont tell us anything so we have to find out for ourselves. Pat and I have been to Walmart in Crescent City, about twenty seven miles of good listening . . . we did that twice. We went to Whaleshead and had their chowder which is the best in the area and got in seven miles up there and back so listened to more of the novel. When you listen to a book it is best to stick with it and get over it, but this start and stop business is confusing as to what character is doing what to whom and why. Pat got discussed and took the discs home and finished them so now I am left to wonder what happened at the end. No one will tell me and the discs are on their way to Delaware so Jo can listen to them as she rides to and from her work. I guess I'll just have to buy the book, maybe I'll wait awhile and find it at a yard sale and then I can skim through it until I get to the parts I haven't heard and finish the story. I usually don't care for the actors and actresses that read books as they tend to emote. I would rather sit in my chair and devour the words all by myself. I would be pleased if Hollywood directors would decide to make a movie of this book, then I could find out what it is all about. I think it is the third book about the Masons and symbols and all kinds of skull-duggery, so I have had an education that I had absolutely no interest in but found it to have a pull all its own . . . curiosity I guess.
Speaking of words, I call myself 'lady of words' and have had to have son John reset my blog as I pile up my words and run out of space. I hope the archives are large enough to house all my musings . . . well, I wouldn't want them wasted. I am trying to talk my son into putting all I have done on a disc then it can be stored in case anyone is interested in reading them. I am about to embark on the third set, so if you are following and want to see the old stuff . . . it is in my musings two and three. . . the number one stays as the current spot for me to add a 'few' words to hopefully brighten your day.
John is off to Texas for a week. Pat is hibernating until the weather breaks for another fishing trip. The smoked fish she brought home is very, very tasty, and I am not a smoked fish lover. Now albacore is another story. I am waiting for some one to bring home a big piece of salmon to broil. I'd invite you over if it was a big piece, if small, I devour it all by myself and think about you. The attitude similar to what my friend Tanie used to send me on cards . . . thinking of you . . . as it said she won the lottery and is waving to me off of a huge boat sailing off. Um . . . nah, she wouldn't do that . . . she'd buy me a ticket, maybe not to the same destination but a one way ticket to somewhere. Hey, that is what friends are for.
Do yourself a favor and shut off the television and the news of the hideous ongoing devastation in Haiti. Walk into a church and light a candle for all of the souls that are going into dumpsters to be buried in a mass grave. Reminiscent of the Irish and the famine so many years ago. Life is hard. Life is short. Take a deep breath and say a special prayer that the survivors will find a haven in the end. Everyone is pitching in and doing their best . . . God love them all. Turn around and hug someone close to you today . . . it's okay to say . . . I love you . . . and I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment